Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Did my professor brush me off?

This is the professor who I always smiled at during the lectures. I'm not his student anymore. After I was finished with his class, I saw him the next semester in the school gym. When I would go to the gym to exercise, I would just look at him when he walked by. Every time I looked at him, he said, "What?" One time he passed by at the gym and he said, "What's that smile for?" Then we talked. I told him I wanted to talk to him alone. He said, "Oh, you want to talk in private? What do you want to talk about?" I went to his office hours. He said, "hey you!' He walked out of his office and walked with me to the hallway then shook my hand and walked away back to his office. He didn't give me a chance to talk to him alone. Does he think I have a crush on him so he's being distant? 

• Chanel
    Best Answer

He has to be careful about spending any time with a pupil alone as the pupil could accuse him of something inappropriate.

he might think you have a crush on him

You annoy him. He has no interest in you. Bottom line.