michael asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Should YAHOO give points to good questions people are afraid to answer..??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

that wouldnt be a bad idea

• 4 weeks ago

I would like to see a thumbs up feature for questions but, no, questions do not get awarded points.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Define "good" question. Everybody considers their own question good no matter how pointless. If the question goes unanswered, it probably means that the rest of us have rated it that way. Fear has nothing to do with it.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No questions get points. Points are deducted when you ask a question. Points are added when you answer a question. Posting a question shouldn't gain anyone any points (that would just increase the # of nonsense questions beyond what it currently is).

People aren't afraid to answer any questions, but they may be uninterested.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only the asker deems their question 'good.' For others, it is an eye roller.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No I dont think so I think the Point System now is Fair

• 1 month ago

No, I disagree with that. If it was a good question it should have answers. Question costs you 5 points because they want you to answer more than ask questions. The only points you can get is to award the best answer and get 3 points back. Many don't even do that.

• 1 month ago

Afraid to answer? I've seen people post absolute crap to good questions.............I hardly think trolls are afraid to answer anything.

It won't be a good answer.......but, they are not afraid.

Some questions simply get buried in the feed too fast.

I was on "Politics" last night, and DAMN!!!!!! I don't think I've seen the boards ***THAT*** busy in ages!!!!! The questions were being posted fast and furious.

But the time I answered ONE, it was already 20 questions down the list.

• 1 month ago

No. Questions cost 5 points. If you are afraid to answer questions or particular questions, don't answer them. No one is forcing you to participate on YA

If you are not answering questions only to point game, don't be surprised when people report your answers

Verizon does not pay Yahoo/Verizon employees to monitor or moderate YA. Why should paranoia, even if it justified, be rewarded?

• 1 month ago

No. First , there is no "Yahoo" to do that and second, there is no way to determine "afraid to answer". Many questions are not answered because they are violations for example.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.