Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

What can help with burning pee?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been having pee that burned for a week now. It is becoming extremely concerning and uncomfortable. I went to the doctor and I don’t have a UTI. They also tested me for STDs but told me they also don’t think that is it either. I don’t know what to do. They couldn’t really come up with an answer as to why I am having this. Does anyone have any ideas to help with the pain? I don’t even want to pee because it is so uncomfortable.

One possibility is vaginal or vulvar strep, the skin is as sore as a sore throat and pee burns. It does not show up on routine STD testing, you need a specific vag strep however, it’s pretty hard to diagnose something without seeing it. Perhaps a gynecologist

Source(s): ER PA
  • juliet

Did they do a vaginal exam to see if you have an lesions/scratches near your urethra? Sometimes the acidity of urine can irritate severed skin down there. If not a UTI or STDs, that’s all I can really think of.

The treatment for a symptom as vague as dysuria with no other manifestations is hard if the cause is unknown. For example, if it WERE from a UTI, you’d take antibiotics and drink cranberry juice. But it’s from lesions, you’d probably just need to wait it out, or use an ointment.

Since the cause is unknown, I’d just try to drink plenty of water and cranberry juice, and see another doctor for a second opinion

Source(s): (Very soon to be) RN,BSN