Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 weeks ago

Doctors get paid alot , cops dont get paid thst much, i wanna be a cop, does it matter how much money you get paid?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

In Massachusetts, where I grew up, because of overtime, often police officers are the highest-paid town employees. Many of them make quite a bit, have great benefits, and retire early with full pensions. Not a bad deal. 

• 3 weeks ago

All depends on how much your bills are.

• james
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Depends Cops are paid to put people In the hospital. Vast surplus of people they can assult & hospitalized just standing out in there own front yards. So easy money fast victim turn over. Fines add cash to there pensions. On the other hand a doctor has to work hard to save you. Get you out of the hospital. Pay for his own pension. You may not be able to pay him after the cops Judge robs you. So about break even on pay when looked at in the long run. & cops are allowed to have there fun with you.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I'd suggest that you apply to Med School. I suspect that your career choice will be decided for you. Possibly your "cop" career also.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • `
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Doctors have large debts once they graduate. So no, doctors don't get "paid a lot."

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If your doing something you really love then the money doesn't matter that much. Better to make less and be happy in a job then to make a ton of money but hate going in every day.

• 3 weeks ago

Not all doctors get paid a lot.

Not all police officers are low paid.

In either case, pay rates tend not to be the primary reason to going into either profession.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Do what you love to do. There’s nothing worse than going to a doctor who never wanted to be a doctor and is only there for the paycheck.

• 3 weeks ago

It depends on where you live. Cops in big cities make a lot and have great benefits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.