Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

Internet Blocked.?

Now before you yap about how there may be a reason for this, or the fact that I'm here proves that my internet needs to be blocked or another excuse. Im 17, This internet block has been on and off since I was 12, talking to my parents doesn't help and I was going to continue giving answers to whatever bullshit reason you can think of, but I won't because even if I do, you'll pull another one out of your ***. 

So here's the problem, They use a website which controls the router to block my internet access while everyone else in the house can use, I had already switched my IP and although that worked then, It no longer works. I need a new solution for this and yes I know I'll be caught again and I know it'll be "fixed" again, but that's my problem. Not yours.

Didn't proof read, apologies for grammatical mistakes. Thank you in advance. 

Just wait until you're 18 years old, then you can move out of your parents home and get your own place as an adult. Then you can purchase a internet subscription and do as you please. That's what being an adult is all about. 

OK. First, you are talking out your a**.

If you have a computer class, then talk to your teacher as to what sites you are "blocked out of"

At least he can be precise and tight with his answer.  I tend to write a book.

Some sites you are naturally blocked out of because your country is blocked out.  Or it is a military site or other reason.

Even though my computer has been set to "family friendly", I can get porn sites by typing it in if I was interested.

Kids younger than you are using internet. This is not the problem. You have to be careful about your studies & times.

• high high high

• Mt. 16:18, Col. 1:13.

Listen. You're not an adult, you're a teen. Its only 1 year. But even if it was 1 second before the 18th year, you're still 17. They're the adults, you are the teen. You're in their house. They are above you. You are below them. How about this? If you don't already have a job, which you have no excuse to not have because you can legally get a job when you're 14, GET ONE! Pay them your share of the internet bill. Please don't be one of those people that grows up to be an entitled adult. And I mean that in the most serious way. You're not 11 years old anymore like you were in 2013. You have to learn to be a responsible teen. You're in 12th grade. You're stepping into the world of adulthood. Act like it, instead of ranting pointless rants on Yahoo! Answers

master of puppets is probably right, but if they figure it out you will next run into a problem of whitelisted mac addresses instead of blacklisted ones. you will need to sniff the air waves for mac addresses that are allowed and use them.

You're 17, get a job and pay for your own account.

I suggest you learn about computer networking first, specifically about MAC addresses. If you can understand that part, then you *might* have a chance.

Most routers have access control settings. This allows the owners of the network to limit or block network access of certain devices via IP or MAC address or both. If your parents put access controls based on your device's MAC address, then there is no easy way to get around them.

you could try getting emancipated so you dont have to live with your parents