Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Why don't I have feelings for anyone?

I'm not sure what to do. Ever since October 1st, I have just been feeling empty when looking at girls and in my romantic feelings. 

I broke up with my girlfriend on the 11th of October, I just didn't have feelings for her anymore because she started to really annoy me over the summer and never had the sack to break up with her until then. I had been losing feelings since July for her.  During the breakup, I didn't show any emotion or even cry. I am a very caring guy and was having a panic attack before the breakup because I knew I was really going to hurt her. But during it, I just felt nothing. Very weird for me. 

Fast forward to now, I can't really feel for anyone. I look at pictures of a girl that I have always liked (not my ex-gf) and I don't even feel anything for her (I know that in the end I'd like to end up with her) but I just don't feel anything right now. The emptiness has made me question if I'm gay (I know I am definitely not) which is really starting to scare me. 

I don't know what this emptiness is but it's really starting to scare me. I'm a 20 year old college kid with plenty of friends so I'm not exactly lonely. 

I feel like I have hit a wall of no feelings and I can't get through it. 

Has anyone ever gone through something similar? Any advice? I really prefer not to see a doctor but I'll do what I have to to find out what's wrong.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day. 

• David

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, KJV).

• M.P.

You're a textbook depression case. So what are you going to do?

Just because you don’t have feelings for girls right now doesn’t mean you’re gay lol, only if you have feelings for guys (even then doesn’t necessarily mean you’re gay). But anyway, you could be asexual. Nothing to be scared of, though. 20’s are when you start to really figure out who you are and a lot is going on.

maybe cause youre disappointed about it

• LAN

Because you like to post lies in order to have an on going pity party over and over. This is also why you post anonymously.