michael asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

i make $12.00 a hour and work 60 plus hours a week monday- sat work 12 hours a day i bring home around $700 a week is that good for 23?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Of course it is hun. Anythings better than nothing right? I'm 23 about to be 24, and I'd be quite happy to bring home 700 a week. Looking for a job at the moment.

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on your living costs - rent, utilities, etc. That's also a very low rate of pay and LOTS of overtime which means no time for enjoying life. Are you that unskilled that that's all you can get for work?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i think its great , wish i could make money like that

• 4 weeks ago

Not good where I live. That's roughly $35,000 a year. Which would qualify you for a mortgage on a $87,000 home using the 2.5X rule of thumb. Check this out:

"The median sales price for homes in California - the middle-priced home in a ranked list - was $393,000 in January 2015, according to real estate tracking firm Zillow.com. A household would need to make about $78,000 a year to reasonably afford a home at that price, assuming a 20 percent down payment."

Minimum or near minimum wage is not sustainable anywhere in the US. You need to do better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Work the hours while you have the energy but at 23 i started a job at $20.67 an hour and 50 hours a week average. Now i make $25.64 an hour and about the same hours. No college degree. Look for non retail jobs and you should be able to break $12 an hour

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.