a asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

What to do with my potentially depressed dog?

This happened a while ago probably like 2 years ago but my dog ( siberian husky) has been acting depressed. All he does is lay down in the garage which is where i keep him since i work full time. I would walk him as soon as i would get home and he would always be ready to go but now he just does not want to move. He is 11 years old now and just looks sad. Which then makes me sad. I took him to the vet today and they said his knee is injured and he needs surgery. But im afraid he is still going to be depressed. What should I do?

My dog is getting surgery in a couple of days hopefully he goes back to normal thank you guys.

I think your dog is in more pain then depressed honestly, at least that's how I would interpret it. If the surgery goes well and your dog can use ths knee again, I bet you will see a huge improvement in behavior. It probably hurts to get on and your pup just wants to stay off it. But I'm sure it's sad too because it cant get up. Poor doggy I wish you the best. I live Huskies and I feel for your doggo!!

The dog is bored out of his mind. Not enough exercise, no mental stimulation at all, no socialitation, no training, next to no human contact or interaction with other dogs & people.

He has probably given up on life & isolation all these yrs is abusive to me. No sunlight.

He is an old dog. Have you thought about taking him in to see a Vet. If this is not normal then something is wrong & it could stem from some kind of organ failure, he could have had a stroke or two, or something a Vet would know about.

I hope you are a troll cause this is ......wrong.

• J M

Take care of the dog. He is not well.

You get the dog TREATMENT (aka surgery) or you put it down. The dog is DEPRESSED due to PAIN - buy a CLUE!

At that age your dog probably has arthritis and keeping him outside is only making matters worse.Dogs are pack animals and need to be with their family not holed up in some garage.You'd be depressed too if you lived your life like that.