Question about network card/internet?

So I was fine on the internet for months then last night it went down, there was an update from windows waiting to update for a while from weeks prior. I upgraded, restarted which didn't fix the issue. I rebooted my router, tried a different ethernet port, and unplugged ethernet cable and put it back in the computer, nothing.

I then searched the error I kept getting that "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (DNS Server) is not responding." I followed the instructions to go to IPV6 and option DNS servers automatically, and then do the same for IPV4, that did fix it.

But why was there an address in IPV6? Under 4 it had the usual 192.168..... anyway it is working now but I no longer see the ethernet logo anymore. It seems like it's wifi-only....help.

• BigE

IPv6 has what is called a local link address. This is a mapping based on your card. If you don't use ipv6 (you would know) I would disable it.

Most likely your ethernet driver was "upgraded". You need to find the drivers and reinstall them. I store all my drivers in a folder for this reason.

just take it to a computer store and let them help you with it