Should I quit my job?

I started this new job at this restaurant a week ago.The problem is that I come in the mornings and they leave us all the dirty dishes.They want us to roll a bunch of silverware.while we are serving tables.and also other side work.i am scheduled only for 3 hours.so if I start side work it will take me like an hour.I stayed an 1 1/2 later,and I need to go to school which I did tell them that.Im not lazy but if all this stuff needs to be done and not giving enough hours why they hired me if they wanted employees with more free time?should I quit?plus I only did like 3-4 tables but doing stuff for like 100 people.i personally think the people closing should do the silverware since they stay late and their the ones using it and making money.i make **** and they want me to do all this side work.this is ridiculous.im not lazy but things I never used I have to clean with very little time.Also everyplace I worked at made you do side work after you finish the tables or a hour earlier.am I right?so I will only serve 2 tables.since I do mornings

• Eva

If you're only serving 3 or 4 tables in a 3 hr shift, you have plenty of time to do side work. I do agree however, that there should not be dirty dishes left overnight for the morning crew to do. Since you apparently have not been there in the evening, you have no idea how busy that crew is. There should be a list of jobs that need to be done for each shift as well as a closing routine.

They hired you to do work. Your choice to work there or not.

Sshhhshshshshshshhshs

Come on now you're only working 3 hours quit complaining do whatever work you're told to do it's three hours of work if you can't handle 3 hours of work how are you ever going to handle a full-time 8 to 13 hour a day job as an adult?this isn't a job that you're talkin about here this is like a classroom to show you what a real job is going to be like if you can't handle three hours there is no way you're going to survive in the real world

• XXLover3 weeks agoReport

The issue is not the work.the issue is my time Availability and shift is to short to complete everything.plus I’m bussing/side work tables and have to be with customers.

thats up to you but i would give a two wks notice if you want to use them for a reference

hey i know what you mea