how'd you find and approach other queers in high school?

*helppp* 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Definitely join any gay straight alliances. They could be through a school, the local gay community center or maybe a pro lgbt church. Their is also trevorspace, an online gay youth group that is monitored - but please do attend the groups in person if they are there. By joining existing groups you can meet a whole bunch of aquintences. Down the line, some of them, or the people you meet through them might just become friends.

• 3 weeks ago

Be part of your schools pride things or (this is going to sound like rly horrible) find girls with short hair and compliment them or guys wearing makeup... I know that sound stereotypical but thats what I did when I was at a super religious school

• 4 weeks ago

The same way you do with "normal" folks. What does sexual orientation have to do with friendship? Also, it's not that all queers (gay, bisexual, transgender...) want others to know about their sexual preferences. Sometimes people prefer to keep that information private.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If your parents are supportive, have them encourage the principal to start a gsa group. There you will meet other LGBT kids and their allies.

If you are out, try wearing a rainbow wristband. Start small, get some backbone and then you will be able to talk to others and get to know them. THen you will find out if they are gay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

By joining a GSA club or any other LGBT-related organization. Or you can create one and hopefully LGBT people will approach you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.