My vehicle lost power afyer I stopped at a red light?

Doesn't seem to be a normal thing with it. It was when I was drivind out of a mall parking lot. Had to turn around. Like it didnt shift or something. It's an automatic. Drove fine after that. I felt like I had to keep the engine revved up a bit when ever I stopped at a light to prevent that from happening. Not sure what caused it though.

Update:

Same thing was happening when I first baught it, but that related to the battery being bad. I had to keep a battery charher hooked on it, while driving it from the auto auction where I baught it. Got a new battery and for the most part that happening disappeared.

Update 2:

It's a 90 jag xj6.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Check your transmission fluid.

• don r
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Raise the hood and look at the spark plug wires. The one that came loose, put it back on the spark plug.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

maybe you should have a mechanic check it out

• 3 weeks ago

I'll tell you why your vehicle might just have lost power at a red light there are traffic lights now who's radio frequency directly conflicts with the computer in your car! You're not the first person that has told me that their car stalled out at a traffic light and once they nursed it through the traffic light it ran fine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.