Cathy
Lv 6
Cathy asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

I just got a new washer and am using it for the first time. During the wash cycle it made a weird grinding sound and now on the spin cycle?

It is spinning very loudly and wildly and shaking? What is going on?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

i would have someone with experience come and check it out

• 3 weeks ago

Are you sure it's not one of those washers that's not a blender too??

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Call a professional or if its brand new, contact the store and get a replacement.

• 4 weeks ago

Did, whoever set it up, remove the transport securing bolts?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sounds to me like you have an imbalance inside the machine.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It is of balance. If it's a top-loader, then you just need to open it up and redistribute the laundry evenly because for some reason it's all to one side. If it's a front-loader, then it's not level or it's on a pedestal that isn't supported by a concrete floor. For whatever reason, when front-loaders are put on pedestals that are then put on floors supported by wood beams rather than concrete, they have an incurable tendency to shake wildly during the spin cycle, but it's not harmful, just annoying. I have a feeling this is what's happening because the grinding sound during the wash cycle sounds like the sound front-loaders make during the wash cycle when they drain the wash water and add the rinse water, which is kind of a click followed by a long "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Did whoever install it make sure it was properly balanced and the legs were the correct heights??

• 1 month ago

It's not seated correctly. Call the person who installed it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.