anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 3 weeks ago

Bearded dragon stress marks?

I got a new juvenile beardie exactly one month ago and even at the shop (s)he had these marks. is it possible that it was born with them? 

The temps are right, around 110° basking and around 80 on the cool side. I run the lights from 9 AM to 10 PM and the temp at night is like 75°.

Its diet consists of mostly crickets and some mealworms bug-wise, and collard/mustard greens are always readily available with some bell pepper and carrots. 

The tank is a 40 gal breeder and 3/4 sides have “wallpaper” on them. The beardie is quite docile and never has an attitude or anything, as a matter of fact when i enter the room it comes up to the tank and when I take it out it crawls on my shoulder and falls asleep. i’m not sure what i’m doing to be stressing it out, so if anyone had an idea of what’s going on that’d be great. Thank you for taking the time to read.

• O Man

Are you providing sufficient hides? Is there a lot of noise/people moving about near the enclosure? COuld he be being stared at by other pets? Those are all things that would stress a lizard out.

• Newton

You should always add calcium powder to the food of reptiles and amphibians unless they are eating mice or other animals with bones inside.

• anonymous3 weeks agoReport

i do. i dust all the bugs and veggies in calcium d3 powder before i feed them to it.

anything is possible