Surprise Pet Adoption?

I'm curious what way would be better to adopt a pet from a local animal shelter as a gift.  This person really wants a cat so I know it will be welcomed.

Would it be good to pick out a pet myself and surprise the person with the pet in person, or create some sort of homemade gift card covering the price of an adoption and take the person to pick a pet?  Thanks

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

NEVER get a live animal as a gift. Most all rescue groups would not allow you to get a cat or kitten for another person w/o that person being there.

So you can either get some supplies for the cat (toys, bed, canned food, litter pan) or you can put a gift card in the box letting them know that you will pay the adoption fee for a kitten or cat THEY choose from the rescue group.

• Glo
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Cats pick their people. Make the gift card and take them to find their perfect fur baby.

• 3 weeks ago

Take the person, I know the surprise seemed like a good idea, but the person needs to see the cat to know if they have that chemistry, and make sure they are the perfect match.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Let the person pick their own pet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Gift card and bring the person with you so they can pick out the cat. Its not a good idea to pick out a pet for someone.

• 3 weeks ago

Suprise animals are bad presents.

Either a gift card/voucher or some pet supplies or even both is a MUCH better idea.

The owner and pet need to 'click'.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

You want the person to pick the car out themselves. They need to get along with the cat, and have personalities that can work together so they must be there to choose which one they want or it may end up being regimes again which is not fair I suggest the homemade gift that covers the cost of it

• 3 weeks ago

How about something like this-

Surprise your friend with a cat collar, some cat toys, and some cat treats. When they put two and two together, offer to go with them and pay for the cat when they pick the right one. Your friend has to feel a certain something with the kitty, and it may not be the first time you go, or even the first shelter you pick. Some people take a good long time to find their perfect kitty and some are lucky within the first 5 minutes, you just never know.

But regardless, if this is a gift you want to give, offer to pay the adoption fees when they find their kitty.

• 3 weeks ago

it might be nice for the person to pick out the pet themselves

• 3 weeks ago

People don't pick cats, cats pick people. You have got to take your friend to the shelter and let her choose.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.