Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Why are there no clocks in churches? Is it like casinos to keep people there longer so they drop more money in?

Best Answer

Traditionally clocks were on the Church towers (outside), so there was no need for them to be inside, especially as they tended to chime every quarter of an hour. But there is no time in spirit - although Spirit seems to elude many churche, it seems! I feel that it is coming back in the form of more compassionate and kinder attitudes, though. But I don't really feel that you wanted this sort of answer, did you?! ,😊

There are clocks in the chapels of my church.

• Doug

Every properly designed church should provide a little glimpse of heaven/eternity. No clocks/time in eternity.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • No dear, because it's not a place to be thinking about time, but about God.

my church has a clock

It’s mainly because a clock in a church would be pointless. Christians have a lot of difficulty reading clocks, be they analogue or digital, because they don’t understand numbers.

Remember, Christians think 1 + 1 + 1 = 1

Edit

Look again, Simon.

• Analogue if digital?! Now a Christian would probably write, "analogue OR digital." But then we Christians can't really be expected to be good at English AND mathmatics!

• The little cuckoo disturbs the sermon.

I always laugh when I am in church they save the most beautiful or dramatic and moving music for when collection takes place.

I can see asking a big question a couple of times a few days apart to really get a sense of where the truth lies. But this is a one-shot-deal type question.

• Danny

Most churches are very old and came long before clocks existed. Also, clocks don't serve a function in churches. Money has nothing to with it, churches ask for donations, they don't force you to give them money.