Are stockings considered slutty?

Okay, so I wanted to wear knee high stockings with my dress, but my parents and grandparents were all saying it's slutty for my age. I am 13 yrs. old and I honestly don't see anything wrong with wearing those. They're literally just knee high socks but with a different material. Anyways, tell me your opinions.

• Jerry

How long is the skirt? If the skirt is long enough that nobody can tell whether you're wearing knee highs, thigh highs, full stockings, or pantyhose then it shouldn't make any difference. They all look the same with a long skirt. If the skirt is short enough that people can tell you're wearing knee highs, can see the stocking tops, then it makes a big difference. No, knee high stockings are NOT just another variety of knee socks any more than a see through shirt is just another variety of shirt. An ensemble exposing stocking tops has long been associated with "boudoir fashion" and a lady does not wear boudoir fashion in public.

Get a longer skirt.

Or get taller stockings, tall enough that the tops don't show. Like pantyhose or tights if it's a short skirt.

Or look like a street walker.

Well, its has a fetish association when the top of the stocking shows. They are meant to be worn as pantyhose (not as socks!) but more practical to wear during summer or with trousers.

You might opt for knee high socks (preppy-ish) instead of nylon socks if you worry about looking too "mature" and want them to visible, which Im pretty sure is the reason why your family is against it. You might be a bit too young for that kind of look.

Unless you sleep around or constantly flirting with men, especially with cleavage or butt cheeks peeking out, you cant be or look slutty and at your age, it just sounds wrong.

Saying that, there are alternative/street wear styles where girls can pull it off, such as ripped fishnets in grunge. But people within this category generally dont care about their peers. They just do their thing!

Source(s): Personal opinions from a (early) 30s woman. its a bit sad when young girls using that word in fashion, because at 13 you probably not THAT sexual active. (Its like calling a lesbian for a hetero prostitute for wearing something that has sex appeal or men are gay for wearing pink. Lol!) But the again Im from a bit older generation and cant stand these type of adjectives because they have lost their TRUE meanings in the current media ...

no not at all....................................

Yes they are very slutty

They are saying that because the stockings would attract attention from males. Some men like underage girls so your family don't want those men looking at you that way.

if you are referring to the sheer knee highs, similar to skin colored hose, they are VERY old ladyish. They are meant to be worn with long skirts or slacks, for those who don't want the hassle of pantyhose. 

Inherently, no. They are not a slutty article of clothing.

However, the lingerie business and such have kind of claimed it as their own and made it known to be "sexy." Personally, because of this, when I see stockings I assume the person wearing them is trying to look sexy. I'd say that because you're 13, you should stray from wearing them, especially if your parents and grandparents recommend you don't.

You could get some high knee socks to wear with your dress. Those look just as nice as stockings. Sheer black tights also look nice under most dresses.

Neither of these are considered slutty.

Good luck!

i could see what your parents and grandparents are saying. Maybe wear black tights? honestly don't know how i feel about the knee-high stockings.