Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 4 weeks ago

Is it okay to like watching more than one MLB team?

I have my team that I'd consider myself to be a diehard fan of, but I have other teams that I like because either a. I have friends or family members that like said team or b. I just like their players and enjoy watching them play. I think that often times people will get a bit too carried away by stuff like this.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yeah sure, do whatever you want.  But you will be labeled a fairweather fan by the diehards.  I had a friend who claimed to like both the Mariners and the Twins.  He was insufferable whenever they played each other because he was always happy - there were no emotional ups and downs.  Plus if one team was bad he just switched to the other one.

I like the Twins no matter what.  If the Twins are out of it, I may become mildly interested in other teams (I'd rather see the Nationals win than the Astros, for example).  But the Twins are ALWAYS #1 for me and I simply can't enjoy baseball as much when they're not playing.  That's loyalty, and most 'die-hard' fans respect loyalty to your team.  So be prepared for snide remarks from them if you don't show such loyalty.

• 3 weeks ago

Of course it is okay.

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Enjoy who you want, and however many you want.

• Yes there is no written rule that you can only like one team in one sport. You can like as many teams as you choose to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes, you can watch and root for as many teams as you want.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, I have a team I like but I like to watch not only my team but the sport, so I watch other teams too when I feel like it, nothing wrong with that.

• 4 weeks ago

No, that's literally stupid. What you're arguing for sounds like trying to rationalize polygamy. 

Pick a team, stick with them. If you're (as you say) "a die-hard", you won't need backup teams, this isn't the flavor of the month club. 

However if you're a self-described "yankees fan", congrats you're already a jockstrap riding bandwagon front runner. 

• Mier
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, I'm a Dodgers fan and a White Sox fan.

• 4 weeks ago

Watch whatever team you want to watch. No one cares.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't care. Feel free to watch anything you like.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.