Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 4 weeks ago

Is it okay to like watching more than one MLB team?

I have my team that I'd consider myself to be a diehard fan of, but I have other teams that I like because either a. I have friends or family members that like said team or b. I just like their players and enjoy watching them play. I think that often times people will get a bit too carried away by stuff like this.

Yeah sure, do whatever you want.  But you will be labeled a fairweather fan by the diehards.  I had a friend who claimed to like both the Mariners and the Twins.  He was insufferable whenever they played each other because he was always happy - there were no emotional ups and downs.  Plus if one team was bad he just switched to the other one.

I like the Twins no matter what.  If the Twins are out of it, I may become mildly interested in other teams (I'd rather see the Nationals win than the Astros, for example).  But the Twins are ALWAYS #1 for me and I simply can't enjoy baseball as much when they're not playing.  That's loyalty, and most 'die-hard' fans respect loyalty to your team.  So be prepared for snide remarks from them if you don't show such loyalty.

Of course it is okay.

• David

Enjoy who you want, and however many you want.

• Yes there is no written rule that you can only like one team in one sport. You can like as many teams as you choose to.

Yes, you can watch and root for as many teams as you want.

Yes, I have a team I like but I like to watch not only my team but the sport, so I watch other teams too when I feel like it, nothing wrong with that.

No, that's literally stupid. What you're arguing for sounds like trying to rationalize polygamy. 

Pick a team, stick with them. If you're (as you say) "a die-hard", you won't need backup teams, this isn't the flavor of the month club. 

However if you're a self-described "yankees fan", congrats you're already a jockstrap riding bandwagon front runner. 

• Mier

No, I'm a Dodgers fan and a White Sox fan.

Watch whatever team you want to watch. No one cares.

I don't care. Feel free to watch anything you like.