Are these sentences grammatically correct? ?

1.I fell short of my parents expectations. 

2 As a child I would wangle money out of my parents.

3. How does education bridges the gap between rich and poor?

4. The discovery of mobile phones has bridged the communication gap between people across the globe. 

Best Answer

1.I fell short of my [parents] PARENTS' expectations.

2 As a child I would wangle money out of my parents. OK

3. How does education [bridges] BRIDGE the gap between rich and poor?

4. The discovery of mobile phones has bridged the communication gap between people across the globe. OK

• Fin4 weeks agoReport

Yes, exactly. Wrangle = wangle, to anyone in this area. Here in the SW part of the U.S., it would be commonly understood which definition was being used based on the context or circumstance of the conversation.

• John P

1] Ok except - parents' - note the apostrophe.

2] Ok, but note that "wangle" is fairly informal. You could also use "wheedle".

3] OK except - bridge - no 's'. Personally I might use "across the world", not "globe", but that is a matter of style, not fact.

4] "The invention of mobile phones...." Note that "discovery" is something you find, "invention" is something which did not exist before somebody invented it.

they sound okay to me