Why does my ex keep showing up in my dreams ?

I could not be thinking about her at all yet she still shows up in my dreams and we haven't talked to each other in 7 years.

It's not uncommon to dream about an ex. Doesn't necessarily mean you still feel for her, she could just be a dream symbol, dream meanings about an ex girlfriend could mean your worried about the future. 

https://www.auntyflo.com/dream-dictionary/dreams-e...

Unfinished business lurks in your past, so she is there only as a "reminder!" Go back in time to when you were a couple, and try to remember what else was going on at that time. Was something left uncompleted? She may be in your dreams only to trigger memories from the past that you need to deal with.

I think the dream might mean there is an obligation or duty you need to recognize and you are trying to ignore it but will not go away - you need to address it.

When you dream about your first love: The ex people tend to dream about most often is their first love. ... She adds that a first love can also show up in dreams if you're single and seeking a relationship as a way for your subconscious to remind you that you've been in love before and can be in love again

There's a chance that you still feel for her subconsciously.

More likely though, she is just a familiar face that your brain can easily throw into situations and make a story out of (because she's your ex, I'm assuming you know a lot about her).

Dreams can often reflect how we feel subconsciously. If you have any repressed feelings for her or something unresolved between the two of you, it makes sense that she's showing up in your dreams.