Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 4 months ago

Airbnb Host wants to charge me extra?

I recently booked an airbnb for a surprise birthday party and the host had full knowledge of the party during our stay. We took all of our garbage from the party as discussed. after our stay the host messages us again saying we made some towels and sheets dirty and is requesting $40 more. Is this right considering we already paid the host $129 for a cleaning fee? What should i do.

Go back to AirBNB and ask them what's up. You told the host what would be happening, you paid what he asked and don't understand the additional charges. I'm thinking they will side with you.

Did they expect towels and sheets not to get dirty in a place where people sleep and shower?

talk to a lawyer.......

• Vicki

Whoa wait, contact Airbnb directly. If you already paid them the cleaning fee, they should have included that in said fee. No, you shouldn't have to pay more considering they can be thrown in a washing machine usually and cleaned. So contact airbnb and let them know.