Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 weeks ago

Will taking out a fresh ear piercing and letting it heal leave an indented mark?

Three days ago, I got my double ear piercing. The woman pierced the second holes way too close to my first holes. I want to take it out and get it re-pierced in a better location, however I don't want an indention in between them from the closed piercings. If I take them out now, while they're fresh, will it leave a bad mark? Is there any way to make it seem like there was never a hole there, hopefully a relatively quick way? Thanks.

• Laura

They might.

If you got them done with a gun there is a very high chance of it leaving behind a mark because of the massive amount of damage a piercing gun does to the skin.

If you got this done with a needle there is still a chance that it would leave a mark but not nearly as bad as with a gun.

At this point, you should be able to let them heal up without worrying about getting a mark, as long as you take care of them properly. For a short time, you will need to take care of your ears as though there is a fresh piercing in them (cleaning them, using saline spray, etc), and with that they should heal up nicely and quickly.

mine in my lobe and upper ear never left a mark