Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 3 weeks ago

What would compel any sane person, with average-or-above intelligence, to watch pro wrestling?

Wrestling is surely the most mindless, lowbrow form of entertainment on the planet. I can't take seriously anyone who admits to liking that loathsome garbage.

As a wrestling fan on and off since I was 7 I feel this way sometimes . If I never watched it as a kid I would think this stuff would be unwatchable as an adult. Nostalgia plays a part in this , it is a part of my childhood seeing guys I watched when I was younger now much older.... I do question my fandom at times especially when they treat people poorly in real life

Hey $hit for brains

If you don't watch Wrestling why are you in The Wrestling Section

Hiding under Anonymous only Losers do that

It's kinda like porn, ya watch it for the story, not the action :)

• Mzm

not really, i can go on and on about heaps of tv shows that are much more mindless and lowbrow than pro wrestling..lets begin

- most sports like cricket, baseball, football, golf, etc.....I love playing them, but why the hell would i want to watch other people play them when i can go out and play them myself? Can't do pro wrestling myself, i'd just end up injuring myself or someone else

- dating tv shows - e.g. "the bachelor/bachelorette", "love island", partner swap, etc, etc...countless versions of these exist in many countries, most of them very trashy and in very poor taste

- oprah/dr phil/ ellen - just seems like one person feeding their own ego for the most part - back when others were watching their show, it felt like it went on for hours

- repo men tv shows - again just trash tv with repo men pretty much stealing people's property...there has to be a more professional way to handle it??

-deadliest catch, and the hundreds of other spinoffs they made of it...again just boring for the most part lol

-kardashians/ houswives of whatever bs.....don't even have to explain this one

too many more....like someone else said, pro wrestling fans are in on it - we know its scripted, but we enjoy watching the show, storylines, athleticism, etc, etc....to us wrestling fans, asking us "if we know its fake right?" is just like us asking you "you know tv shows and movies are fake right?" - Of course you do, but you watch for the entertainment factor, to enjoy the ride, and to have fun - thats pretty much what its about :P

anyway are we sane, average, or above average intelligence? you decide...

Wrestling most be secretly important to you if you go on the wrestling section.

What would compel any sane person, with average-or-above intelligence, to watch Comic Book movies?

Professional wrestling is no different to the Marvel films, except professional wrestlers don't have stunt doubles and put their lives on the line 365 days a year live away from their families. If you think pro wrestling is 'lowbrow' you haven't turned on regular TV in years kid.

• Marvel Comics can draw back as far as Marvel Comics #1 in the Fall of 1939 for their source material. WWE tries to forget their History as much as they can.

• succor

I feel much the same about golf.

The most mindless, lowbrow entertainment is watching the clucking hens on The View.

No one is forcing you to watch.

"I can't take seriously..."

Problem is you're taking wrestling *too* seriously. Fans of it are in on the joke, while people like you over-intellectualise and play the "how could anyone?" game.