Christians: If God is 3 in 1, then how would you refute a Hindu who believes that God is in multiple forms but is 1.?

"There is one and only one God."

I would not refute them - they are free to believe what they want

I see no reason to refute a Hindu. They have their beliefs, and I have mine.

“ ‘Brahma, the Creator,’ he said. ‘Vishnu the Preserver and Siva the Destroyer. The three manifestations of the Ultimate Reality.’

“ ‘I’m afraid I don’t quite understand,’ I said.

“ ‘I’m not surprised,’ he answered, with a little smile on his lips and a twinkle in his eyes, as though he were gently mocking me. ‘A god that can be understood is no God. Who can explain the Infinite in words?’ ”

-- W. Somerset Maugham, "The Razor's Edge"

• Joe

What do you mean by "3 in 1"?

Hinduism believes in polytheism (multiple Gods). It is contradictory to say that Hinduism believes in multiple gods and only one god.

Christians believe in Monotheism (one true and living God). Christians do not believe in 3 gods.

• Justin

I don't need to 'refute' any other religion since the Bible itself says that every one of them 'knew' GOD and recognized His nature from their environment and from Creation itself, (Romans 1:20-23). They chose to abandon that knowledge, but aspects of it remain, which Christians are taught to recognize and 'liberate,' as though these 'thoughts' are prisoners trapped inside of a fortress, (2 Corinthians 10:3-6).

There are plenty of other examples of religions recognizing aspects of GOD's 'Triune' nature, some even accurately, which is why secularists attempt to point out that the idea was 'stolen' from other religions, (it wasn't). The difference in each case is a fundamental misunderstanding that led them astray to worshiping demons. The best lies contain 99.999% truth and only one fatal flaw. That is why we need GOD Himself as the 'Holy Spirit' to be our Personal Interpreter. We have no hope of avoiding deception otherwise.

• Jake

God is Triune and a person can better comprehend this mystery by reciting daily and with care the angelic psalter of the Virgin Mary.

• Prince

Could you quote their scriptures which say they are one?

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY DO AND I DK THEM...TIRH NOT WHAT IFS