Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 3 weeks ago

Why does my Republican friend think that it is ok to get revenge on a raccoon by eating it ?

A raccoon killed some of his chickens so he trapped it and shot it and now he is gonna eat it tonight. The raccoon was just doing what raccoons do.

Best Answer

You're just jeoulous you don't get any tasty coon meat

Well, some people do that and political affiliations are irrelevant.

Didn't know revenge was associated with food.

People kill and eat possum too, hard to fathom such a sweet innocent animal winding up in the pot.

• *****

What does your friend's political affiliation have to do with anything, and why do you think that eating it is some form of "revenge"? In many rural areas, and especially among those who aren't well-off financially, eating assorted nuisance critters, including raccoons, isn't that unusual and is just a practical way to feed yourself and your family. My mother grew up eating raccoon, snapping turtle, possum, and other small animals, and my grandmother's contribution to her church's cookbook back in the 60s was a recipe called "Raccoon and Kraut". Many people simply make do with what they can find to eat.