How would you feel?

How would you feel if after 4 months at a new job your supervisor always has something negative to say to you and is always telling you maybe this is not a good fit for you? I have never in my life had an issue at any job with anyone and I am always told by the nurses and doctors that I'm doing a great job. I'm at the point where this "supervisor" is making me feel uncomfortable and I want to leave the only two things holding me back are my kids and a coworker. What would you do? 

dfsdfsdfsfsddssdfsdf

I'd quit. Find a job where you aren't constantly told that you are doing a bad job, or something similar.

• Alex

Your supervisor is a simple bully.  He/she may not even realize they're doing it, or may have decided right off the bat to not like you and trying to run you off.  One thing you can do is go to your supervisor and say, "What do I need to do to be successful?"  His answer will determine what to do next.

If he says something non-specific, call him out on his crap and ask him to stop.

If he says something that is specific that you're already doing well, point that out to him.  If he says something specific that you're not doing well, then try to improve.

If he gets hostile or confrontational from the question, I would personally go over his head and complain.

Probably look for another job & stay until I have another better offer.

Either work harder/better or find another job. If you want to leave, find another job.

As for a sit-down meeting with the supervisor and the s supervisor's boss, and or an HR representative.  Find out exactly WHY this supervisor doesn't like your work and whether that opinion is justified or not.  Maybe this person is just a jerk or maybe they have a different approach to doing certain things.  You can discuss your approach, your experience, kudos you received from other people, etc.  It will be up to the 3rd party (Manager/Boss or HR) to figure out how each of you can make adjustments to improve the work environment.  

Don't start looking for a new job until you've at least tried to figure out what is really going on.  If you are either told your aren't doing a good job or that the supervisor is likely to continue to be critical and unsupportive, then you can look to find a new job.