What causes kidney stones? ?

My lover in work has kidney stones and didn't tell me what caused it so I wonder what possible causes could be. He drinks whisky could that cause it? He's 50 if that makes any difference.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Kidney stones can be caused by several things. They need to be analyzed to determine the cause. But often just drinking more water will cause them to go away. That's what my husband does and he hasn't had a kidney stone in 15 years. (He also drinks whisky.)

• 2 weeks ago

Yes, alcohol can increase the risk of developing kidney stones because it has an impact on your diet. People who consume alcohol are basically dehydrated which contributes to the formation of kidney stones. So, one of the best ways to remove kidney stones is by drinking lots of water. If you drink alcohol, then it works opposite to this and it acts as a water replacement. People who drink alcohol regularly sometimes substitute it with water and this can lead to dehydration and this will lead to the formation of kidney stones. Now, if you are suffering from kidney stones, then you should go for kidney stones treatment.

• 3 weeks ago

Lack of vitamin K2.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Lots of info at a magical place called Google

• Anna
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

I tried Google, couldn't find any definite answers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Thanks for telling us he's your "lover in work" - coulda just said "I know someone who has kidney stones"

Anyway, we have no idea what caused his stones. He may not even know unless he has them analyzed.

I've had one and the doctor said, "Sometimes they just happen".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.