Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Instead of just using .08 as being legally intoxicated and not safe to drink and drive, why not set an additional guideline of having Only?

1 drink per hour (plus the .08) to be fine to drink and drive.

You know drinks vary?

People who make laws like measurable results. I know people who could pass the LSAT with an .08 reading, and others who couldn't drive a bicycle. The .08 definition makes it easy to convict or dismiss, never mind the competence of he driver.

What is "1 drink"? Ok, we can go by the BAC chart 1 drink, but then you are requiring every bar and restaurant to only makes drinks that can be classified as one drink because they would be required to keep track of that (as these places are currently held liable if they over serve a patron, so I assume that law would have to continue) Who is going to prove in court that you had more than one drink? I can be sold a drink in a bar but there is very little evidence whether I consumed it or purchased it for someone else or simply spilled it. There is not scientific test to see how many drinks you consumed. There is a test to see what your BAC is.

• JetDoc

People don't all process alcohol at the same rate, Skippy. One person can be falling down drunk on two drinks, while another can drink an entire six pack and still appear to be sober.

PLUS, amazingly, I have NEVER seen a drunk driver who had more than TWO BEERS, no matter how long they were in the bar or at a party while drinking. It seems that the more a person drinks, the faster they lose the ability to count beyond TWO.

0.08 is pretty strict already. That's like 2 beers. I have never been drunk from 2 beers. Maybe a slight buzz but not impaired too much to drive. I don't drink and drive by the way and I don't condone anyone else to do it. Just saying calling 0.08 drunk is like calling a yawn REM sleep. 

• Bill

Because blood alcohol can be tested rather than taking a driver's word that "I only had 1 drink ".

0.08 is already "over the limit of human capacity" to safely drive, the problem is that any level of intoxication results in poor judgment and inability to deal with real world situations while driving.

A human can easily drive at 0.15, but there would have to be nothing unusual or out of the ordinary happening and light traffic. what intoxication really does is slow your reaction time and make it harder to make quick correct choices based on changing conditions (like a light turning red)

• martin

The cops can't verify that you've had only one drink per hour, but they can verify the .08 with scientific accuracy.

Let me get this straight. You want more alcohol while driving?

Because it would allow trolls like you drive legally killing thousands more than are already killed by drunk drivers. If you re-read your statement, you would see how stupid it is. If they were at .08 and had another drink, then the would have a higher blood alcohol content. DUH!

If you are going to troll, make sure your questions make sense.

• 1 month agoReport

Vehicular Manslaughter is already a "crime" in the sense that you serve a month or two in prison and are let go free.