Why am i being sued ?

Long story short they are suing a dealership i used to work for at the time I was the only one working for them. So basically the vehicle was reported stolen and they found it two years after we sold it. At no time did we know the vehicle was stolen. We financed that vehicle and we also check carfax. I don’t really know how did the owner or the bank did not see it was a stolen  vehicle. Why me tho? I was just a salesman 😂wtf 

• Scott

I'd say you are being sued because you sold the vehicle, acting as the agent for the dealer.

• Raymundo4 weeks agoReport

It has my name on it As if they think I owned that place. But it does say corporation. The dealership doesn’t even exist anymore the owner is in jail for a total seperate case. 

Are they suing you or the dealer? Or both?

Hard to see you being held responsible unless you did something wrong. And the dealer has much deeper pockets anyway.

Dealer auctions used to have signs that said stolen cars would be settled for what the dealer paid less 1% per month. So 2 years would be 24% less.

I bought an SUV that had a clean Carfax. Yet, there was serious hail damage on the roof. The SUV was always titled in the south, so looking at the roof seemed a little overkill. The truth is, it was NEVER reported to the insurance company. We got an apology and a great discount on a demo, but that was only 2 days later.