what would be the best thing to do if your front door was knocked on loudly & boldly at 3am at night?

imagine you are in your apartment one night, its pitch black everywhere, inside and out , and at 3am, *something* or *someone* knocks on your front door loudly and boldly like - rat at tat tat!!  would anyone be scared?

what would be the best reaction in that situation?

• KaleyK
    Best Answer

I would arm myself, with a weapon and a telephone, obtain a secure position, like from a hallway, and ask "what the eff do you want?" The next action depends on the response from the knocker, but most scenarios would net a call to 911.

• Rick

That's why I sleep with my .45 ........................................................

• bond

Shoot a load of buckshot through the door before opening.

Yes, and specially if I live alone. I'd stay quiet in my bedroom with a firearm ready, most likely.

• Greg

Call 911 and/or look through the peephole/video doorbell to see what is going on.