South Asians/ Pakistanis/Muslims How do you address your husband when calling him or talking about him?

How do you address your husband to show respect too or do you just call him using his name. Is that normal and still respectful? I'm wondering because I know some people use Ji after saying the husband's name when calling him or mentioning him when talking to others.

Calling by name or using his name isn't considered rude is it?

Do you also use romantic terms too such as Jaan or Jaanu? Etc would you use those romantic terms when talking about him to others or just to him?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

in Saudiarabia where I live (its in Asia, if you dont know).. we just call our husbands by their given name... if His name is Abdullah, we say Abdullah.. if its George, we say George.. whatever.. nothing more or less.. (or informally we can say.. " hey Honey, or sweetheart"' you know,, those endearing nicknames..

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

By his first name. What you expect? You call people by their first name, it doesn't mean they are entitled to a title and only very few people have special titles from God.

A spouse is called by their first name, nothing more and nothing else.

• 3 weeks ago

why is calling his name rude?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

you address your muslim husband by calling out "aye" "aye" all day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

i dont think its rude to call him by name

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.