Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 weeks ago

If someone one breaks into your home and your dogs maul them badly, do the cops take away your dogs, let's say you decided not to use a gun?

On the burgler.

Mind you that you can prove you dont know the person and have a witness..

The suspect is a repeating criminal let's say.

Or what if you shot them for trying to harm your dogs while they were breaking in?

It depends on WHERE. Someone attempted to break into my house. I have a large GSD. (I have NO idea what the person who broke in was thinking.) He came through the window, and my dog grabbed his leg. He had somewhat serious injuries from the bite.

I have a carry permit, called off my dog, backed the guy against the wall and called the Police.

The Police not only didn't "take" my dog, my homeowners refused to pay the burglar's medical bills.

If the Police took the dogs there would be no sense in having guard dogs anywhere.

The cops won't take the dogs, but you will more than likely have to pay the medical bills for the thief, as the thief WILL sue you for injuries sustained. Enjoy your litigation.

Liberals love giving criminals more rights than the victem.

In my state they must be 5 feet in your house. As long as you have signs posted every 50 feet you're fine! You can shoot.

I'm pretty sure most criminals will run away from protective dogs. The warning g shot is a perfect idea, or carefully fire at the intruder to get your dogs off them. Then cuff the Intruder. Things happen fast so go ahead a d disable the Intrruder. Or consider an execution. Liberals dont consider dogs family remembers like conservatives do. Lastly, dont use an expensive gun, like your AR-15 or pricey rifle because it goes to evidence. No they do not take away your dogs for something like that. Trespassing is trespassing.

I'm a black belt so my hands are just as lethal as a gun lol.

They may or may not.

Why would you need a witness to prove its a burglar? Why would you have to prove you don't know someone (which is nearly impossible to do...)?

If you decided not to use a gun...that's your problem. Dead people have a hard time remembering specific facts and so their lawsuits don't usually win.

That depends. When was the "deadly force" as dogs are, used. Were you at home and "feared for your life," or were you at work when your dogs chopped the bad guy up as he was taking your stuff? You can't use deadly force just to protect property.

If somebody is breaking into your home and the dogs attacked them and Mal them of their own free will. Depending on if or if not you have posted a sign there may or may not be a problem! Now using an animal as an attack weapon and allowing the animal to do more damage than is necessary to stop physical attack will land you in jail as a felon and get the burglar released! You are allowed to use necessary Force to defend yourself what if the burglar isn't armed? And snuck through your bedroom window to steal your jewelry. And then attempted to flee and you sicked your dogs on them! Let me tell you you will go to jail for so long and they will take your dogs. So if you let your dogs attack a burglar you better make sure that your life was actually in danger because it's going to come in front of the judge. And the judge is going to decide if the dogs attacked by themselves and you did not try to stop it or if you tried to use your dogs as a weapon there's going to be quite an inquiry

• Stephanie
      3 weeks agoReport

I'm also interested in where. "Mal" them? You are aware that a Beware of Dog sign is used as proof that the dogs are dangerous, right? You seem to think the opposite. Do you work in a law firm, an insurance office?

• Lôn

They probably would....unfair, I know...because the bastards shouldn't be in your house in the first place.