How to deal with your own homophobia?

I feel upset when I see lesbians. It’s not something I’m proud of at all, and I want to deal with these emotions. I usually try to steer clear of homosexual relationships in media or my manga (I’m quite an avid reader).

Whenever is see to girls seeing each other in that way, I just feel upset. I’m not angry at all.

The best word to describe it is just “upset”.

I don’t think it’s wrong, and I get offended by people that disrespect others based on their sexuality.

I want to understand this emotion and try and deal with it. Please help me

• reme_1

They are not disrespecting other; they are displaying pda (public display of affection) because they care for each other. They are not concerned whether or not you approve. That is your problem.

By dealing with it. If you get offended by people that disrespect others based on their sexuality, then that means you're on the right path

• abcdef

In order to deal with your homophobia, you need to get back to its origins. Where did this emotion come from? Does this emotion get in the way of your enjoyment of life? Do you feel badly about yourself because of these feelings? If the answer to the last two questions is yes, then you might consider seeking help. Otherwise, what might help is to get to know some of the people whose appearances create these feelings. Knowing them on a personal basis will help you to understand that they are just other human beings who enjoy the company of some of the same sex as theirs. You already recognize that this is irrational (as all emotions are). You are on your way to dealing with it. Good luck.

That's homophobic.

It is wrong. God hated it and asked His people not to do it in the old and in the new he turns people over to it as punishment. It's not natural in the eyes of God though it seems natural in the minds of us. We have turned the unnatural into the natural by entertaining ourselves with the unnatural it has become natural to us.

Leviticus 20

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

23“And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.”

Romans 1:26

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

• abcdef

Stanley the problem with fundamentalism is that beliefs are black and white, either good or evil. The world simply doesn't work like that.