Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

If my blood pressure is 110/80, do I still need annual check-up?

I'm 65

That is like saying if your tire pressure is normal - does the engine need a tune up?

At 65 (I am 64) you most definitely do need an annual physical. Why? Because at our age our bodies not heal as quick as they did when we were younger. If you have something wrong - it is best to fix it as soon as possible rather than letting it get out of hand.

There are all kinds of things that can go wrong in a year. Much of it is done using blood samples.

What did your parents die of? What ailments did they have? I ask because you will probable have the same ones. You should be having a camera down the throat and up the wazoo every 3 years or so. Again, you want to discover problems when they are small and easy to deal with.

• kelvin

well of course you do

A normal BP is 120/80. That is still a good reading, but considering your age, you still need to have a check-up ever so often.

My father is 69 and I check his blood pressure. That would be a good blood pressure reading for him and he has had two strokes. Yes, you still need a check-up, however.