Whats are Skills That a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication Will Teach You?

I have never studied Journalism, so I might be biased, but I would think that it could teach you how to communicate, write, or even portray your thoughts in a very diplomatic manner.

• gerald

its a very important part of life like a referee you try to give the public a fair and honest view of events to keep the people sane and conducting their life in a fair and honest way something they can trust when the fan is spraying sh** all over the place or is that what started it ?

If you can get really good at lying you can get a job with the BBC.

How to lie?

Just a thought like - although with Trumpy you really CAN'T make this crap up, can you?

How to look for work.

How to live on a very low income immediately comes to mind. You see...I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Missouri in Columbia. At the time I graduated, in the '70s, that was one of the top ranked journalism schools in the country. Maybe things have changed - I HOPE.

I tried getting on at various large newspapers. Nope. You gotta start small. I tried getting on the radio. Same results. I tried getting work doing "voice overs" for commercials & Public Service Announcements. Fat chance! I ended up driving a semi (tractor-trailer) mostly over-the-road. You can make a butt load of money without a college education. American companies are screaming for skilled tradespeople in fields like carpentry, electricians, pipe fitters, welders, Heating & A/C specialist, etc. Many trade schools are low cost & some are even FREE when you agree to work for the company footing the bill. Don't believe me? Check out the facts with Mike Rowe on Facebook or other sources.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe/

https://mikerowe.com/

• martin

You can go into business doing communications and copy-writing, or you can go into news media work on TV and on-line print publication.