Are these sentences correct? ?

Bro, I need a helping hand. So, I was wondering if you could lend me $1000. I need it urgently. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Yes. The sentences are all correct. Good job.

Adding "please" is an option when talking with a family member or close friend.

• 4 weeks ago

For informal speech, which this clearly is, it's fine.

• 4 weeks ago

They're correct, but you might have better luck in obtaining the loan if you are able to show means of repaying within a specified time and agree to it in writing. I've seen too many Judge Judy shows.

• 4 weeks ago

It's.......correct. Well done there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It will pass in speech. If you are writing a story, that's how a beggar might sound, although it would be understood as a joke because of the amount, unless the story was set in the future, where $1000 would only buy a cup of water. Someone on the street today would ask for a dollar perhaps, or an unspecified amount. And the "lend" would mean "give" in this situation.

Grammatically, "So, I was wondering whether you might lend me $1000?" would be an improvement.

• 4 weeks ago

It is, a bit. Check out the revision that I did. Just a suggestion.

Bro, I need a helping hand. So, could you please lend me $1000? I need it. (The adverb, "urgently," is redundant. If you need something, a person knows that it is urgent)

Source(s): Broccoli, chicken, and brown rice with some condiments. Mainly, soy sauce.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not really. The word 'please' seems to have been omitted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.