Are these sentences correct? ?

Bro, I need a helping hand. So, I was wondering if you could lend me $1000. I need it urgently. 

Best Answer

Yes. The sentences are all correct. Good job.

Adding "please" is an option when talking with a family member or close friend.

For informal speech, which this clearly is, it's fine.

They're correct, but you might have better luck in obtaining the loan if you are able to show means of repaying within a specified time and agree to it in writing. I've seen too many Judge Judy shows.

It's.......correct. Well done there.

It will pass in speech. If you are writing a story, that's how a beggar might sound, although it would be understood as a joke because of the amount, unless the story was set in the future, where $1000 would only buy a cup of water. Someone on the street today would ask for a dollar perhaps, or an unspecified amount. And the "lend" would mean "give" in this situation.

Grammatically, "So, I was wondering whether you might lend me $1000?" would be an improvement.

It is, a bit. Check out the revision that I did. Just a suggestion.

Bro, I need a helping hand. So, could you please lend me $1000? I need it. (The adverb, "urgently," is redundant. If you need something, a person knows that it is urgent)

Source(s): Broccoli, chicken, and brown rice with some condiments. Mainly, soy sauce.

Not really. The word 'please' seems to have been omitted.