Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 3 weeks ago

Why have my dreams lately been so random and intense?

Last night, I dreamed I was back at my old high school, then some Asian girl in class asked me if I wanted to f*ck. Then the teacher got mad at me cuz I didn't do my math homework. Then it was lunch time and Earth Angel song was playing. Then a super huge sand storm came and killed mostly everyone. Then I hide in a random House and got kicked out, so ran. There was all beans on the ground like quicksand, but I go over it. Then 3 little White girls said they were the "knife sisters" and then started chasing me with knives and trying to slice and stab me, and I was like "WTF? Stop." There mom was there, and I was like "WTF? Discipline your kids!" as I'm trying to dodge their knives, but the mom just sits there and smiles. 

I usually don't remember dreams well, but I remember this one very well. This was one of the most random and intense dreams I've ever had, and I'm 25. 

Sleep deprivation can lead to more intense dreaming. Alcohol and other substances suppress REM sleep so when you stop using them, it can lead to unusually vivid, intense dreams. Certain drugs can cause vivid dreams too. Stress can trigger intense dreams as can traumatic events.