Someone is trying to send me money to my bank account but I'm wondering if they're asking for too much money.?

They're sending a large amount to my debit card. They're asking for Bank address routine number and number. Sorry if this is obvious I haven't had a card before. Also where can I find these on my card?

• GEEGEE

The info they want is not on the card. The routing number and account number would be on checks associated with the account.

• zipper

That sounds like a scam to get your information; that info is not on the card you either get it from one of your checks or go ask at the bank.  But this sounds squirrel_ly to me!

You ever heard this saying the shrewd or wise person sees the danger and conceals themselves? Ask questions before you leap please ever heard of scammers? Never give out that information over the phone etc unless you know the establishment asking for it is legit trustworthy .

First, they are asking for the routing number, not the routine number.

Second, neither of those numbers is on the card.

Third, if you give them the numbers they want, then they can use those number to take money from your bank account, so don't do this if you don't know this person very well.

The two numbers that they need are the routing number and the bank account number. Ask the bank for the routing number. The account number is on the monthly statements that they send you. The numbers are not on the card.

• Dan B

That's a very common scam to get your baniking information so that they can withdraw ALL of your money. Unless you personally know that person, do not give out any informatlon.

It's a scam. Do NOT give out that information; they can use it to rain your bank account.

• SCATTY c
      3 weeks agoReport

Routing number and account number is shown on any cheque you write - it does NOT give anyone access to your bank account and is safe to give out... the danger starts when people start sharing passwords etc

• Maxi

If this 'someone' is your long term employer or a relation sending you money...so you KNOW them then they need your bank details to deposit money in , your debit card is just attached to your account.....however if this 'someone' is a person who you have never met in person/you don't know them, then you are being scammed.......... NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE, so an a 'someone ' claiming they want to send you a large amount of money means you are being scammed...so you do not give them any information and report them to the police

Good luck losing all of your money...

• audrey

Big Fat Scam! Take this info to your bank NOW!

They aren't on your card.

They are on the bank account that is connected to your card.

However, do not give them any info. You are being SCAMMED!!!