Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Question about wet brain aka wernickle-Korsakoff Syndrome?

Okay so I’ve struggled with alcoholism for at least  13 years. That and a combination of poor diet. So I’ve suddenly developed these symptoms in this order over the last 8 months.

Periods of confusion and memory loss. I assumed alcohol blackout but it happens without drinking now.

My eyes cross randomly and shake rapidly. It’s very brief.

Sudden intolerance to most food but especially gluten.- I’ll get severe depression after and gas-

Twitches on every part of my body. Sometimes full on convulsions but that’s rare- I’m conscience

Vomiting and loss of bowl control 

Trouble breathing, dizzy spells and rapid heart rate.-newest-

I just heard about wet brain and I put the bottles down. Am I too young? Is this not severe enough to be wet brain? Also, I don’t have access to a doctor for at least 2 more weeks so is it okay to take thiamine orally or do I need to make it an emergency?

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

    It's difficult to say whether you're too young to be suffering from Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, my friend, as you don't give your age.  (I've personally assessed people in their 40s and 50s who I have determined to be suffering with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome.)

    Your alcoholism, however, over the past 13 years, plus your poor adherence to a 'balanced' diet, indicates that you COULD be suffering from the condition.

    Your symptoms ARE severe enough for you to be suffering from "Wet Brain" (Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome), but you would need to be assessed by a psychiatrist ... or a related professional ... to ascertain whether this is, in fact, what you are suffering with.  (You actually give out external 'signals' when you suffer from Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, one of which is called confabulation ... this is where you appear to be 'searching' your memories and filling in details of things that never actually happened.  Mental Health specialists would recognise [recognize, if you are, in fact, one of my American cousins] the 'flicking of your eyes' when answering questions which indicates that confabulation MAY be going on.)

    If you are suffering from Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome you will need Thiamine (Vitamin B1) injections as a matter of some urgency.  I would also suggest that you have blood tests carried out to ascertain whether you are also Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) and Folic acid deficient.  You CAN, however, take a Vitamin B compound, which contains various B group of vitamins,

    You MAY be able to halt or, at least, slow down any progression by adhering to a "regular" diet.

    I wish you well, my friend, and pray that you do get to see a doctor soon.

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    nope you just have hypochondria

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.