what does it mean when people easily 'unnerve' you?

ive had this problem for a long time, feeling quickly unnerved by people in public or in general, which leads to me feeling nervous, frustrated and agitated....i'm a man with mega anxiety problems and ptsd too....im in my early forties.

what does it mean that people can quickly unnerve me and how do i stop it from happening?

Best Answer

Unnerved here means that being in a social setting, around people for this person make him nervous, uneasy, anxious. Whereas at home, alone, he might feel calm and untroubled.

To stop the anxiety/ptsd from happening there are multiple methods of treatment - a service animal, medication, or counseling to name a few.

It means they make you feel uncomfortable. Since you've had this problem for a long time, you should talk to your doctor about it. You might benefit from medication or talk therapy.

Unnerved is ironic because it means that particular circumstances create nervousness with some, though it seems to imply that one is not made nervous by their surroundings.

Avoidance is best while in the midst of the situation, believing it’s beyond your control. Distraction works well too. Try meditation as it helps center our thoughts and redirect us when done consistently.