Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Cat owners - Whats your litterbox cleaning routine?

I scoop through it regularly throughout the day. I'll spray and wipe the scoop at the end of the day using an equal parts solution of water and white vinegar. I'll do a full tray clean every two weeks. I'll dump the old litter, dislodge any stuck on litter with the scoop, and then spray the tray until it's soaked with the water vinegar solution and let it sit for 5 minutes before giving it a scrub with papertowel, and rinsing it out with hot water, drying it with a clean paper towel, and filling it back up with fresh litter.

I generally use wood litter. I check the box daily and remove poop with a nappy sack, so that it can just be taken straight out to the wheelie bins, and the bin won't be stunk out.

Once it gets to a point when the litter needs to be changed, I pour it into a bin liner, then squirt a spray cleaner disinfectant on it, (I use an unscented one, since scented cleaners can potentially lead to inappropriate elimination.) I let the cleaner stay on the box while I get some kitchen towel, and then wipe it clean, then bin the kitchen towel too (typically in the same bin liner as the dirty cat litter). I then refill it.

• Ocimom

We use the wood stove pellets. I will scoop out the poop daily but don't need to dump the litter till it is all broken down into the sawdust. The pellets absorb all the urine without any smell left behind. Its DRY when I need to dump it. And pellets are cheap - about $6 for a 40 pound bag at the feed store.

I scoop everyday and wash the pan and change the litter twice a week.

• Maxi

Generally morning/evening check/clean and twice a week complete clean/wash

Daily scoops, and totally cleaning the litter box every other week.

Put it in, take it out. Do whenever you see poo or pee in it.

• ?

My cats go outside when they want to use the bathroom.

• Petter

Get it over with as fast as possible, but still be maticulate or it will smell...