mandy asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Help me bc I am done?

I have a 5 year old obese cat who use to use the litter box. Here’s the thing I took her to the vets TWICE!!  I clean the litter box, I give her baths to help clean her, I use non fragrance baby wipes, got her joint strengthening medicine from the vets. I even made a comfortable bed that she can sleep on downstairs in the kitchen since my roommates don’t want any of the cats in the living room which I don’t blame them. I had to have my boyfriend buy doggie training pads and there’s only so much that can cover up. She does this EVERYDAY!! EVERYDAY!! My roommates understand that she has health problems but I can’t keep up with this cat anymore bc i can’t stand cleaning up after her anymore. My boyfriend won’t let me get rid of her bc he’s afraid of someone letting her die. But I know a nice lady at my job who lost 2 cats recently and would take better care of her than I would bc she has experience with obese cats and helping them lose weight.

I just can’t take it anymore. Someone give me advice please bc if nothing changes I am gonna get kicked out do to the damages my cat is causing

She poops and pees using the house as a litter box everyday. 

• Ken S

anybody or anything is better then you having any kind of pet or responsibility for a life.

Please never get a pet again and tie your tubes

• Raven

You own the cat. This is your decision. If you're sick of taking care of her, and you've found someone that you are sure will be able and willing to handle the needs of your cat, then you owe it to your cat to give her a chance at a better life. The atmosphere at your place must be very negative now with you being fed up and others segregating your cat from some rooms. Give your cat a chance, rehome her, you owe it to her, she can't help herself and you don't want to help her anymore, so just help her one last time and do it!

• Jack H

Move out yourself, take the cat with you, let everyone else live their lives in peace...

• Maxi

It is your cat, not your bf cats, so you make the decisions. like you made the decision to over feed and not give it the exercise it needs