Could I have chronic bronchitis? Please help.?

Hi,

I am 26 years old and for the past 2 and a half months I have been having this morning cough with what feels like phlegm in my throat. It's so minimal, like I will just cough a couple of times about an hour after waking up, and then I'm perfectly fine the rest of the day. I just don't get why it's lasted for so long. I have been in multiple environments so I know it's not something to do with my apartment (international travel). I don't have a history of allergies. But in my younger years I was diagnosed with bronchitis and asthma, given inhalers, steroids and antibiotics to clear it up multiple times. Even though I still get this "cough" after a cold where it feels like it's vibrating inside my lungs I hadn't been to the doctor because it only last a week or two before it completely clears up on its own. So I don't go to the doctors for these colds from since I was 18. I have never had trouble breathing with exercise or anything. Just colds that seem to affect me more than other people but seems to clear up on it own. But this morning cough/phlegm is something that came out of nowhere, with no illness and it's stressing me out. And because I will be out of the country for the next month, seeing a doctor isn't very possible right now. What could this be?

Oh and I smoke occasionally, like maybe once or twice a year.

And I'm nervous after reading that the first symptom of chronic bronchitis is this morning cough. And my dad is a smoke for decades. But my mom is completely healthy. And then I have been reading about AAT deficiency and I'm getting these worst scenarios in mind.

There’s no answers yet.
Be the first one to answer this question.