East asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

OK to forward an email to a lawyer, containing disparaging statements by a client about the lawyer?

I recently had a disagreement with my homeowners' association. Its board and lawyer repeatedly threatened me and did some bad things. However, I won, and the lawyer was shown to be wrong.

Before the disagreement, the homeowners' association's board president sent an email to me about the lawyer. In the email, he made disparaging statements about the lawyer and the lawyer's abilities.

OK for me to forward that email to the lawyer?

The lawyer might then decide to try to get rid of the board president, and the board president might then decide to get rid of the lawyer.

Thanks.

• `
    Best Answer

What could you possibly gain by forwarding this email? You won the case. Now leave it alone.

• g

Why would you pull passive aggressive crap like that? The board needs and pays that attorney, whatever one individual's opinion may be. Back up and butt out!

They will soon evict you, so the point is moot.

i dont see why not

The lawyer can't get rid of the board president.

The board president may not be able to fire the lawyer either.

There's a Board for a reason, dear - so that one person can't make unilateral decisions that may affect all members of the association.

Butt out. Personal squabbles happen in business all the time. Remember, you still are a member of the HOA. I guess if you want to be known as a gossipy shiit-stirrer, go for it. But don't expect any favors from anyone on the board in the future.

Given you have won your legal case against the Homeowners' Association, seek legal advice from your own lawyer about how best to proceed with this email.