Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

am i a sociopath?

i have a tendency to lie a bunch about big things to people and i don’t know why. like, i tell people that my best friend died (but she really didn’t) just to make it seem like i’m edgy or special which i know is messed up but i still do it. i also like tell my therapist sad childhood stories that aren’t true for no reason and no one has caught me on any of my lies so far

• Dooby

No. You are simply an attention seeker.

Source(s): A sociopath

I beleive there is a broad spectrum of sociopathic and psychopathic behavior, lie well and indeed you will gain the reputation you seek. You’re actions are juvenile at worst.

Your likely insecure about something that you need to lie to make yourself seem edgy, maybe not tho. Maybe you’re just bored? If these little lies are causing your life major problems and you continue the behavior, than get help. By the way... it’s SUPER easy to tell when people lie like that many see through it so best to stop unless, you can’t. Then ur just a loser go out and do the thing you claim at least live the glory life brother.

Did you bother googling sociopath? Then you’d realize you aren’t that. You may be a pathological liar and an attention seeker but those are underlying symptoms of your pathology. Come clean to your therapist and they can diagnose you. I don’t get paid so it’s not my problem

No that just makes a person a pathological liar. Quite a lot more to sociopaths.