Here is a recent painting I did, what is your opinion?

Favorite Answer

it is very very good

• Snoopy

I like the clouds... 

You're actually really talented!

I know an artist when I see one!

Season 14, Episode 7

I feel yr clouds look like coral and now fluffy and soft as clouds should even when massed.The sky behind the cloud banks is extremely dark. This may not be a problem. Your clouds look like concrete. I have done paintings like this perhaps all painters have. Try the subject in another painting with the clouds wispier and lighter and handled more tenderly. The sky a little paler andyour big wave slightly further out to sea. Then put both on sale and see which sells.

• John P

It is ok within that general style. Never believe people who just want to massage your ego, unless they actually buy the painting for quite a lot of money.

• John

Pretty good. Hold up your left hand and just curl your fingers down towards your palm. Just relaxed, bent over. That's how a wave breaks.

• John

No actually I grew up at the beach, lived in Hawaii, Gulf Coast. Live on the west coast now.

If it really is your painting, then it is very nice.  BUT what you think about it, is Most Important.

• Thank you for your honest opinion. I'm just an amatuer and still working on it. I'm very subjective of what I paint always hoping to improve.

• snafu

Good effort..........

• gerald

your talent I love the clouds I greatly fear its the times sadly