I touched my lip piercing and now its really swollen?

I have snakebites that are 2 weeks old and I was mindlessly touching and licking one of them too much, and now my lip on one side is really swollen, way more than it was the first few days when it was swollen. 

What should I do?

Definitely STOP playing with it, this is what caused the swelling. Continue cleaning it and you can use ice on the outside and ibuprofen to bring down the swelling. It's just swollen from you messing with it. You're fine.

• Laura

Stop messing with it and touching it.

Clean it with sea salt soaks and alcohol free mouthwash and give your body time to heal.

Stop messing with it. I can't say that enough. If you continue to touch it like this you will end up with an infection and permanent scaring from moving the jewelry too much.

It's very easy to irritate an oral piercing by messing with it too much. I have spider bite piercings, and they would very easily become swollen and irritated if I played with the jewelry too much during the healing process. Use alcohol-free mouthwash to clean the inside of the piercing, and maybe do some salt soaks on the outside of the piercing to calm it down, and above all - do your best to leave the jewelry completely alone!! I know that's hard particularly when you're in the healing process and you're dealing with longer/bigger jewelry, but that truly is the best thing you can do to make sure they heal smoothly and don't keep acting up. It's something you might just have to try and be extra conscientious of until they are completely healed. Good luck!

go to the drs............................