Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 3 weeks ago

Is McDonald’s a safe place to eat?

Is it rare to get food poisoning from their burgers that they use?

A&W is safer and cheapoer

You prob won't die and you can sue if you get sick so financially yes

I guess as long as the employees are not serving crack macs or heroin.

The food is safe

but... going into the place you constantly are being mauled by a bunch of out of control kids that if you say anything to their parents would get ugly with you. When you go into the place you are constant being in a environment where kids are whailing and crying and moaning. If you go in at night hours you are fronted with a bunch of teenage to mid 20s punks with freaky dress styles and hairdos that would group up on you and ask you 'nice night for a walk?' 'Wash day tomorrow nothing clean right?' Snaps finger in face and they all laugh looking at you.

Going into the place I would say it isn't safe

• chorle

Yes places that have certified organic raw vegetables or undercook raw chicken are where you should go if you are trying to get food poisoning. You can find fault with McD but improperly storing vegetables or undercooking meat are rarely one of those faults but if no one knows a wild hog has been using the fresh lettuce as a restroom there is still a chance anyplace can give you salmonella if you are just lucky enough to be there at the right time

• .

Millions eat there everyday, no deaths reported yet

• Joe
      3 weeks agoReport

Only to the poor suffering animals...

I eat there all the time. I've never had food poisoning from them (I mainly go to small-town locations). Don't go to locations in large cities like Los Angeles, they get filled with homeless people or drug users, and they usually trash up the place. Go to locations in small towns (like Monticello, GA or Bishop, CA), they are better there.

• Erik
      3 weeks agoReport

Fortunately, even here in LA, they almost never let the homeless people behind the counter. So there's nothing to worry about. Imagine driving all the way to Bishop for a cheeseburger!

There is no water tight rule, but the norm is these outlets generally have better hygiene as compared to other outlets. Food poisoning is in any case very very subjective. It may or may not happen to your co-diner

Well, they are a multi-billion-dollar food company so it is in their best interest to make sure their food is safe... and their sheer revenue gives them more ability to do that.

Is it possible to get sick from there?

I don't think it is impossible to get sick from anywhere... but the degree of likelihood, in my guess, is much less there than at other places.

That is a guess.

you have a higher chance of getting food poisoning at a nice restaurant than you would at McDonald’s. All of McDonald’s food (chicken nuggets, burgers, chicken tenders) and all the other food there , is pre cooked. Meaning even if you ate it raw it still wouldn’t be raw.