Alex
Lv 4
Alex asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

How can a teacher let students use a note card on a test without giving an unfair advantage to people who can write smaller?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

How can a teacher give a test that only people who study can get a good grade? It is unfair.

Is there actual evidence to suggest that those who write smaller perform better with a notecard?

Unless you have a diagnosed condition about not be able to write small (and have a 504 regarding that issues) nothing is stopping you from writing smaller.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That is the student's responsibility to write the information on a note card.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Well, Alex, it is not about fairness. Time limits and speeding students up on Standardised Tests privileges the "hares over the tortoises", meaning that they advantage thoughtless, glib people who quickly memorise answers and regurgitate them fast without thinking about them, and disadvantage careful, thoughtful persons because they can start to think outside their brainwashing and Mind Kontrolle programme-ing. People who can think critically are less easily controlled and so have to be corralled into failure or at least lower scores, hence lower placement, lower employment, and lower status and influence in Society. It is not about "fairness" or what is "right" but about selecting servants for the Plutocracy which pollutes the environment, causes Global Warming and, instead of ceasing the pollution, is planning to set off nuclear bombs in order to cool the planet with a Nuclear Winter.

Source(s): Malcolm Gladwell, "Revisionist History"
  • 1 month ago

By letting the students print out the notes used on the note card; i.e. you can type up your notes and shrink down the font until you can fit them on the two sides of a note card.

Honestly though, the main benefit of letting students use note cards is so that they think hard about what is important and what is not. Although I would spend a lot of time making my note cards when teachers would allow it, I found that I hardly ever used them on tests save to double check something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Handwriting is controllable. If a student has big handwriting, he/she can write more slowly with a finer pen/pencil. Also, it is the quality of what you put on the notecard that matters the most(this is practicing a student's ability to retain important information and neglect not important ones).

• 1 month ago

You are an entitled millenial! Get over it!

• Susie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Doesn’t a note card defeat the purpose of actually learning it???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.