Is Windows 10 on a laptop different from windows 10 for desktop?

I just built a new pc and I put it all together. I used the windows 10 installation usb drive that I bought a while few years back. When I installed windows on my new pc it went fine through the inatallation but then my pc started freezing, eventually blue screening with the Watchdog_clock_timeout error. I made my own windows 10 install usb using my little brother's laptop and it worked fine. No more freezing or blue screening, but it was being oddly slow and it had all the settings for a laptop version of windows, i.e. tablet mode, airplane mode, wireless hotspot aswell as my taskbar being grey(not from best performance setting) What can I do to make it look and act like desktop windows, or am i stuck with it looking and acting like laptop windows. I csn't use the windows installation usb I bought because something is wrong with the files on it that causes freezing and bluescreens once it finishes, even in safe mode. 

Also, is 60gb big enough for windows 10 home? I have a 60gb ssd in my pc but my friends told me it was not big enough for windows. 

Specs of my pc: msi b450 mobo

Ryzen7 2700x 

Rx560 4gb

1x 8gb ddr4 ram

2tb hdd

60gb ssd

I also have no disk drive so is there a way I can install the drivers for my gpu, mobo, and other things using just chrome or would i have to put them all on a usb and then install them manually? Because windows is not recognizing my gpu because I have not installed the drivers or amd catalyst yet. 

• Bill-M

There is no difference in Windows 10 Between a Desktop and a laptop.

Try this. = Use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download the latest version of Windows 10. The Media Creation Tool will download Windows 10 and place it on a USB and make the USB bootable.

Next = on the computer you want to install Windows 10 on = Boot off of the USB and just follow the instructions. One Thing. When the Window comes up select ADVANCED. This will show the Disk Partitions.

DELETE THEM ALL. This will force a Clean Install and Format the Hard Drive. That way your not picking any junk up from the previous install.

• Aiden3 weeks agoReport

Yeah, I did this. I am going to try to install my drivers, and see if my windows updater tries to update anything

Nope, the same in spite of machine.

Sounds like you have driver issues.

Some variants like home or pro versions, standard and premium variants.

There is no "laptop" version of Windows 10. It is all the same regardless if it is a tablet, laptop, or desktop. There are some slight differences in a tablet and laptop over a desktop in that the laptop/tablet versions are generally set for maximum battery life by dimming the screen, sleeping after 15 or so minutes, and maybe specific power profiles, but that's just about it.

For all intents and purposes, a Windows 10 installation will work the same regardless if it is on a laptop or desktop.

Your PC is most likely running slow because it doesn't have all of the necessary drivers for your specific hardware. Windows comes with a bunch of preinstalled drivers, but they're generic drivers that work at a minimum level. That's why you most likely see your resolution set pretty low and other annoyances.

Generally Windows 10 has a lot of network drivers built in, so you should be able to just plug in an Ethernet cable to your PC and download all of the necessary drivers from the hardware manufacturers and install. That's my preferred method since the drivers on the CDs are usually a few versions outdated.

A 60 GB SSD is just way too small. I recommend at a minimum a 250 GB SSD. You can usually find them for less than $100 online. Windows will install on a 60 GB SSD, but you will very quickly run out of room. Windows alone will probably take a third of that space. Also, don't forget all of the updates, drivers, and programs that you'll be installing. Some programs can only be installed to the system drive...

• Frank

There are 5 versions of Windows 10 as time has progressed. Use the newest version. 60 is no where near enough. Buy at least 250gb. There is no difference where windows is installed...it all the same horrible operating system.

• Aiden3 weeks agoReport

I did install the latest windows. Windows 10 may 2019 update. But it looks like the laptop version of windows.